The Largo Group of Companies arranges, closes and services commercial mortgages for property owners throughout the United States and Canada. Largo has access to the nation’s most prestigious financial institutions through its network of correspondent lenders. Since its inception in 1989, Largo has financed $24 Billion and has a servicing portfolio exceeding $2 Billion. With offices located in Buffalo, Albany, Manhattan, Sarasota, Philadelphia, Toronto and Montreal, Largo is growing and expanding!
Largo is currently seeking experienced real estate finance professionals to join its growing team as a commercial mortgage loan originator/advisor. This position requires a person with a desire to succeed in sales. The candidate will speak with real estate owners and high-level real estate professionals to find, evaluate, negotiate and close commercial real estate transactions. Strong analytical skills, sales experience, creativity and effective communication skills required. Must have the ability to work in a team environment and work independently without distractions. Must be self-directed. Ability to travel when needed.
Pay includes a performance-based compensation package with unlimited earning potential based on the individual’s ability to originate and close transactions.
- Organize and develop a cold-calling program
- Convert calls to meetings and new business origination
- Develop/maintain a database of prospects and/or clients
- Facilitate, structure and close commercial loans
- Contact and meet regularly with other real estate professionals including developers, appraisers, landlords, lenders and brokers
- Maintain and update database and activities with Largo’s CRM system
- Effectively utilize all of Largo’s internal systems and databases to support business
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to update colleagues on activity, market information, new business generating efforts, prospects and market knowledge and trends
- Strive to satisfy the needs of both the real estate owner and investor
- Learn & understand individual lending standards, and program requirements
- Work closely with in-house support staff to ensure a smooth lending process for mortgage transactions
- Knowledge of basic commercial real estate fundamentals; able to identify major real estate owners and investors in the market
- Entrepreneurial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, written and oral communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced work environment
- Work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Superior analytical and computer skills and proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- A desire to work in a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
- Positive, professional attitude
- Professional and ethical
- Proactive and take initiative
- Maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred major in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or Business equivalent experience.